POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render depth/normal map with povray? : Re: render depth/normal map with povray? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render depth/normal map with povray?
From: sirhenjo
Date: 21 Nov 2007 05:30:00
Message: <web.47440808fcd9bf9a1d0a17590@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> sirhenjo nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/16 03:11:
> > "Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> >> "sirhenjo" <sir### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> >> uhm, just remove the blocking object?
> >>
> >> I don't get it :)
> >>
> >> cu!
> >> --
> >> #macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
> >> sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;
> >> #end#end _(y-x,y,x,x+y)_(y,-x-y,x+y,y)_(-x-y,-y,y,y+z)_(-y,y,y+z,x+y)
> >> _(0x+y.5+y/2x)_(0x-y.5+y/2x)            // ZK http://www.povplace.com
> >

> > Heheh, should have said "without removing the blocking object".
> > It may seem like something silly to do, but I have my reasons for this question.
> >

> Is it that you wand to see the object in the back trough that in the front?
>
> --
> Alain
> You know you have been raytracing for too long when the animation you render
> will be finished after yourself.
> Urs Holzer

What I want to to write several depth levels to one particular texture, using
the RGBa channels for 4 different depth levels.

I want to store 4 depth levels at 0% 33% 66% and 100% to one texture. Removing
objects in the front won't help me for complex scenes.

Some basic algorithm I need during the raycasting is a counter of intersected
faces and the distance between them.
Can I add some logic/algorithm to the raycasting?